Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: To all Wal-Mart users on the East Coast

  1. #11
    Inactive Member StopMoWorks's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2001
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> I was at Wal-Mart today .... said that they do outlab super 8 film, and then we went and checked that flipbook that shows the special services ... Movie Film Processing 4.88 per roll. They said they will only put it on VHS. Now tell me... what in the hell is the sense of that?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Quite an assumption about "all" East Coast Wal-Marts based on some uninformed Wal-Mart workers at a "specific" store. I would think the Wal-Mart chain would outsource it to one vendor and that would be Dwayne's (the only USA k-40 processor) which primarily offer movie/film lab services. Are they into video transferring services too? They not only process the film but additional time & labor to transfer it to tape and all for just $4.88?

    Specifically says, "movie film processing" (not VHS copy). I did a test roll using Wal-Mart in Bay Area (west coast). About 1 1/2 weeks turnaround. You must be very specific on envelope and firm with employee about what you want (they know nothing of Super8).

    I do agree, there may be a slight risk via chain stores and if it's a serious film project, go directly through Dwayne's or Kodak.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 18, 2002 08:12 AM: Message edited by: StopMoWorks ]</font>

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've never had trouble with the Walmart in Omaha NE, my film has always come back correctly processed... but I have had rolls come back from Dwayne's via walmart with dirt, water spots, and with my last roll, scratches thru half the film...I like the idea of supporting a USA kodachrome lab, but I think i'm going thru Kodak next time.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was in NYC over the summer and my last roll had a giant scratch running throughout the last half of my film. That did it for me.

    Scott

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •